This moist and fluffy cake is sure to brighten up your day 🙂 It is a bright and delicious vegan lemon cake you can bring to any barbecue to wow your friends.
Recipe adapted from Heart of a Baker’s Vegan Lemon Cake, with a few minor adjustments.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- soy milk
- 2/3 cup oil
- s granulated sugar
- cups lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons grapefruit juice
- Zest of 2 lemons and 1/2 grapefruit
- Zest of 1 lemon and 1/2 grapefruit
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons soy milk
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Flour two round baking pans and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix all of your dry ingredients — flour, salt, baking soda, and cornstarch — until there are no lumps.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the sugar with the oil until very smooth.
- Now, add in the citrus juice and zest, mixing to combine.
- Add 1/3 of the flour mix to the sugar and stir until it just comes together. Now, pour in 1/3 of the milk and mix well.
- Continue alternating until all the ingredients are used, forming a smooth batter.
- Pour half the batter into each of your baking pans and set aside for 10 minutes.
Break time: Turn on your favorite music and twerk it.
- Place the pans into the oven and bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove when you insert a toothpick and it comes out cleanly. Place on a counter until completely cool
- For the glaze, whisk the citrus zest into the sugar. Slowly pour the lemon juice, a little at a time until the mixture becomes a thick paste.
- Drizzle in your soy milk and stir until the glaze comes together.
Once the cake is cooled, pour half the glaze over each round and decorate as you like.
Serve and enjoy!